Principal Investigator(s)Howard Degenholtz, PhD
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania considered implementing a managed care program for Medicaid beneficiaries who are dually eligible for Medicare and Medicaid, including adults who require Long-Term Services and Supports (LTSS). Initiative objectives:
- Improve care coordination in the LTSS system to ensure consumers have access to comprehensive person centered supports and services;
- Improve and expand service delivery in the LTSS system to ensure that consumers have access to appropriately qualified providers of care;
- Improve quality and outcomes in the LTSS system by utilizing alternative care delivery systems to provide the right service, at the right time, and in the right location;
- Enhance transitions from more to less intensive settings to ensure continuity of care and prevent unnecessary readmissions; and
- Make the LTSS system more fiscally sustainable.
This project provided the Department of Human Services with research services and assisted in developing a concept document intended to serve as the basis for policy development and contracting.